Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hong Kong: First Few Days




On November 1st, we left for Hong Kong.  Our flight was at 1am, so I was super nervous how Leah was going to be.  After we went trick-or-treating, we did our normal bedtime routine with Leah.  We then woke her up and left her in her PJs when our van arrived at 10:15pm.  She napped a little bit in the car, but was awake the entire time at the airport.  I carried her in the MyCarrier, so I think she stayed pretty calm because of that.  While I wish she would have just slept the entire flight, she still did really well.  She slept in 3 hour chunks, either on me in the carrier or lying on the seat between Matt and I.  When she was awake, she ate and played.  No meltdowns!!  When we arrived, all the passengers around us complimented her on how well behaved she was!  

Unfortunately, all 3 of us ate something bad on the plane, and once we got to our hotel, I was not feeling good.  Everyone left for lunch, and I stayed in bed to rest.  While Leah was in a good mood, she had the runs.  Matt felt horrible after he got back from lunch and was out of commission that evening and the next day.  Needless to say, we didn't really do much besides eat some simple meals and walk around our area.  

We stayed at Kowloon Shangri-La, and we were impressed with how great the service was.  It was actually almost too good, as we had phone calls a few times during Leah's naps to ask when we wanted maid service.  The hotel provided a beautiful crib along with Johnson and Johnson baby lotion, wipes, shampoo, and powder.  



The second day, we ate breakfast at Cafe de Coral which had all my favorite Chinese breakfast items - congee, turnip cake, BBQ pork buns, siu mai, and milk tea. We then walked around Tsim Sha Tsui and visited the Pennisula Hotel.  Luckily, it was still morning so the stores weren't open yet. My pocketbook was pretty happy about that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...