Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hong Kong: Family

The main reason we went to Hong Kong was to visit my dad's side of the family.  My dad has 11 brothers and sisters and most still live in Hong Kong.  My 94 year old grandma also moved back a year ago, so I was excited for her to meet Leah for the first time.



On the 3rd, we met up with my cousins Ken and Rowena.  Row took us to a members only Shanghainese.  Leah got to meet her 2nd cousin Chantal and received a super cute Hello Kitty backpack.  Leah has so much fun finding things in her backpack and pulling them out.  


My grandma with her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, & Leah exhausted




































































On the 4th, we had dim sum with the rest of the family.  40 people attended!  I only knew a handful, but it was really special to see so many family members.  There was 4 generations worth of family, and I can't wait to show Leah the pictures when she gets older.  I'm not sure when we'll get a chance to go back to Hong Kong again, so I'm glad we were able to take this opportunity.

On the 5th, we left Leah with my parents and went out to dinner with Ken and Row at 8 1/2 Otto E Mezzo.  I'm really bummed I didn't take a picture but the food was delicious.  We had homemade ravioli, rack of lamb, and beef tenderloin.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...