Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weaning

{This post is really back dated, but I wanted to write about the subject to remember the day.} 



Starting today, Leah is fully weaned from nursing. She took it like a champ. She didn't complain or ask to nurse once during the process. I started when she was 9 months because I wanted her to be fully weaned by the time we went to Asia in November. I didn't want to worry about nursing or pumping during the trip. I took one feeding away at a time VERY slowly, and yesterday was her last nursing session. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I really enjoyed my breastfeeding journey. I loved having her cuddle up to me, watching her, and having her hand pat my face. It was such a great bonding moment, and I will always cherish those times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...