Monday, October 1, 2012

The OC

The weekend before my birthday we were in Huntington Beach.  Matt had a work event, and we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa.  What a great place for a family!  The rooms are large, and they provided us with a little baby care package of Johnson and Johnson body wash, shampoo, lotion, and baby powder!  I wish I knew that ahead of time since that would be a few less items to pack.  The resort is pretty massive {as in I got lost a couple times trying to get back to the room}.  There are plenty of restaurant options from nice romantic restaurants to a casual pizza joint.  In the morning, while Matt was in his meeting, Leah and I were able to just walk down to the coffee shop, sit outside, and eat breakfast and soak up the sun.  


My version of a family photo...Matt, Leah, my feet.





The resort has an amazing pool area!  Since Leah is obsessed with being in the water now, it's been so fun taking her to the pool.  There are several different pool options including one with 2 water slides!  Matt enjoyed taking Leah down the slide over and over again. 


The best part of going to Orange County is being able to visit my parents!  They happily babysat while I got to spend some time with my girlfriend.  We went to Snow Station in Westminster for shaved ice.  This isn't your regular shaved ice shop.  The ice is flavored and has a creamy consistency to it.  AMAZING!  The picture definitely doesn't do it justice, but we gobbled this guy up.  We got green tea and rose flavors with green tea mochi and lychee.  I'm craving it as I type this. 

P.S. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...