Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mom Meals: Chocolate "Cup" Cakes

When I finally made the decision to be a stay-at-home mom, I had visions of cooking up gourmet meals and baking lots of sweet treats.  Little did I know that, realistically, I only had about 45 minutes of cooking before Leah wanted some attention.  Recently, I've been able to find some really easy recipes that I made in 30 minutes or less and were really yummy!  This one I found in People Magazine by Michael Symon.  Baking using a microwave!  Genius!  Enjoy!

Chocolate "Cup" Cakes
Serves 4
8 oz butter
8 oz dark chocolate chopped
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
4 eggs
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp orange zest
whipped cream/ice cream

1. Put butter and chocolate in a glass bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on highest setting. Stir until melted
2. In another bowl, whisk sugar, flour, eggs, salt, and orange zest. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Divide among 4 cups/mugs
3. Place mugs in microwave for 3 minutes on highest setting and let cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...