Thursday, June 21, 2012

7 Months!

Leah is 7 months today!  I feel like so much has changed in just the past month!  She's still such a happy and giggly baby and here are some other updates on her:
  • She can finally sit up on her own.  That is probably her biggest milestone in the past month.  She went from needed support one day, to sitting on her own the next.  Occasionally, she will lose her balance and tip over, but otherwise, she's a good sitter.  
  • She really has a sense of object permanence.  If we hide a toy behind a small box, she'll move the box out of the way to get to the toy.  When I cover her face with my shirt while she's nursing, she'll unlatch and look over the shirt to find me.  Peek-a-boo is really fun now.
  • She notices tiny details.  She will stare at one strand of hair hanging loose from my ponytail and grab it.  She'll also see movement from the corner of her eye and direct her attention towards it immediately. 
  • Starting to get stranger anxiety.  When she's not familiar with someone, she'll look frantically for me and whine.  Now that she's used to her day care caretakers, she happily goes to their arms.  But when my mom carried her, after not seeing her for 2 weeks, she had a very worried look on her face.  
Happy 7 months, Leah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...