Friday, May 24, 2013

Viva Las Vegas!



We've been a little MIA from the blog, because we were in Las Vegas Sunday-Wednesay. The trip started out super rocky. Leah caught a stomach bug, and the crazy turbulence on our descent into Vegas didn't help. I got pooped and puked on all within about 10 minutes. Luckily, I was prepared and had extra clothes for all of us. Sorry to all the passengers next to us! We flew Southwest, which was our first time flying with them with a toddler in tow. It can be a little tricky since there is no assigned seating. Families with young children aren't allowed to be seated until after Group A, so it's better to try to check-in ASAP to get Group A if you want to guarantee a row with your whole party. 

We stayed at the Aria and got a really nice corner suite that had plenty of room for Leah to run around. They provided a decent pack 'n' play with sheets. The suite also came with a nice fridge so we could store some milk and food. 

That night, I also caught the bug, and I was stuck in bed almost all day Monday. Luckily, Matt was able to hang out with Leah at the pool in the morning, and my parents took her the rest of the afternoon so I could recuperate. 









While we ended up canceling our dinner reservations, we did make it out to see my Laker Girls teammate, Jeri-Faye, in Vegas! the Show. It's a cute little show that takes you back in time to the glory days of Vegas - recreating acts from Sammy Davis Jr, Elvis, the Rat Pack, and more. I'm really bummed I forgot to get a photo with her! 




Tuesday, I was on the mends, and we all hung out by the pool during the day. In the evening, we had a double date at Blue Ribbon Sushi in The Cosmopolitan. We shared the Blue Ribbon Special which had a variety of rolls, sushi, and sashimi. Delicious! 


We headed back home Wednesday, and Leah fell asleep on Matt the entire flight home. It was the first time she'd ever done that! I think all that daddy time while I was sick really helped! While Vegas with a toddler was definitely a different experience, after the sickness was gone, it was fun and relaxing. I have to thank my parents though for watching Leah for 2 nights. Waking up at 8:30am and staying in bed until 10am felt like heaven!

We have a couple more trips planned soon, so stay tuned! Hope everyone has a great long weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...