I stopped doing monthly updates on Leah, but since she turned 2.5 this month, I thought I'd give a brief one.
- She has turned into quite the extrovert. A year ago, she was more on the shy and timid side. Now she will pretty much talk to anyone and initiate a conversation, and at times she can be the aggressive one.
- Her vocabulary truly amazes me. We continue to hear new words everyday, and often have to ask her where she learned it from. She speaks to us in complete sentences and wants to be included in the conversation. She will often say "Hey guys! What are you talking about?" if Matt and I are talking to each other.
- She continues to be aware of other people's feelings and emotions. If her friend is sad, she'll want to give a hug. If I have a serious face because I had to discipline her, she will ask me if I'm happy or tell me to be happy now because she's listening to me.
- She's in the "Why" phase. She's curious about everything, and constantly asks "What's that? and "Why?"
- She's a little fashionista. She has 3 dresses that she's calls her "princess dresses" and only wants to wear those. I no longer buy clothes for her unless she approves. She makes comments like "Mommy, I like your shoes. They're beautiful," or "Daddy, wear the orange shirt. I like it." I also happen to wear a shirt 2 days in a row, and on the second day she said "Mommy, you wear that shirt? You wore it ALL day long." Oops.
- Her favorite thing right now is the movie Frozen. It was the first movie she watched in the theater, and I finally gave in and bought the DVD. I can't count how many times we've watched it, and she can recite the lines and songs in the movie. She also runs down the sidewalk with her arms behind her yelling "Let it go! Let it go!"
- A little over a month ago, she was officially potty trained! We used the 3 day method, and she got the concept down within a day. It was actually not as stressful as I thought it would be, but I think it was because we waited until she was a little bit older.
Leah: There have been so many changes for you in the past couple months, but you are handling them like a champ. I know mommy can't always play with you like we used to, and I know that you're not too thrilled about that, but I want you to know that mommy loves you so much. I'm so proud of how independent you can be and how loving you are towards your little sister. I will strive to be a more patient and understanding mama, and I look forward to getting to spend a little more one-on-one time with you soon! xoxo, Mommy