3 is such an interesting age. At times attitude and strong opinions can drive me crazy, but there are so many other moments that are hilarious and sweet. Leah talks non-stop, and I've been enjoying listening to her and observing her mind at work. I'm trying to document what she says more so that I can remember them. Here are some of my current favorites:
- Ava is crying at the dinner table. Leah: "Daddy, sing Twinkle Twinkle to Ava because she is crying." Daddy sings, and I come back into the room. Daddy: "Leah it worked. Ava stopped crying." Leah: "No it didn't. She stopped crying because her mommy came back."
- Mommy, I'm eating my veggies. It will help me go poop. Daddy told me.
- Daddy, did your patients get hurt because they didn't hold anyone's hand in the parking lot and got hit by a car?
- Hey Ava, I'm going to be your big sister forever. And when I'm a mommy, I will still be your big sister.
- Mommy/daddy, I have something to tell you. I love you. <melt!>