Sunday, December 28, 2014

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!



My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary today. What an amazing accomplishment! My parents have been through many ups and downs, and through it all they have been able to stay committed to their faith in God, marriage and family. We had a small party for them with family and close friends, and it was a joy to be able to see my parents so happy. A few of my cousins shared memories about my parents, and the overall theme of the speeches was that the strength of their marriage has kept not only my immediate family together but also our extended family. 

Mom and Dad: Thank you for providing us with a wonderful example of what is a successful marriage. I pray that my own marriage and family will follow in a similar path. We love you! Happy Anniversary! 

2 comments:

  1. It’s amazing how your parents kept the spark glowing throughout the years, Vivian! For me, there’s no specific secret to make a marriage last. It’s the feeling of contentment that really plays a great contribution for a relationship to work. Because if you’re already satisfied with what you have, there’s nothing more you could ask for. And I think this is the spice that completes your parent’s marriage recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    Brandi Kennedy @ Restoration Counseling Boise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited for the day and want to celebrate it fully. I really loved your pictures and want to make my parent’s vow renewal as special as yours. Can you suggest any affordable venues which I can host a surprise party for them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...